Who we need
If you are successfully prospecting and generating leads, securing those first meetings and growing your expertise as a business developer, we want to talk to you. Reporting to the Branch Manager in Edmonton, AB and working out of the Saskatchewan area, we have a newly created opportunity for a Business Development Representative with a direct track to lead - and ultimately manage the territory.
If you are incredibly confident, flexible, and able to tackle any challenge fearlessly, this is the next step in your career.
Who we are
Rolark Stainless Steel is a leader in the stainless steel distribution industry, delivering one-stop personalized service with uncompromising quality and value to clients across Canada. With three locations in Ontario, Alberta and Quebec we maximize distribution channels to deliver fast quality stainless steel products to our clients.
Since 1984, Rolark has specialized in providing custom services such as Laser or Plasma cutting, shearing, bar edging, saw cutting and SPV coating. With an extensive inventory of plates, sheets, flats and cylinders in varying sizes, we are able to meet the needs of a diverse client base.
As a member of Jacquet Metal Services, we are capable of maximizing our global distribution channels to deliver fast quality metal products.
Who you are
You are passionate about sales. You know how to articulate a focused message to your clients clearly. You pride yourself in being able to locate and contact the right people and consider yourself an expert at getting in the door of a new client. You are detailed oriented and can make connections that others may miss. You are equally comfortable working alone as you are with a partner. You need minimal guidance to reach the desired outcome and can chart your own best path and learn from mistakes along the way.
General Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish and develop prospective customers through a relationship-based approach within an assigned territory.
- Cultivate customer relationships that ensure long term retention and future sales opportunity.
- Handle inbound/outbound calls and convert them into sales.
- Accurately calculate price quotations, discuss credit terms, prepare sales orders and compile reports with accuracy.
- Respond and follow up with customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Investigate and expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints while managing expectations.
- Ensure a balance between exceeding customer expectations and achieving business profitability.
- Submit oral and written reports on weekly sales performance as well as customer opportunities, challenges and revenue potential with recommendations.
- Coordinate sales effort with other departments and facilities.
- Update changes to existing accounts and enter new customer information into corporate database.
- Conduct proactive sales efforts to expand business including cold calling prospects.
- Collaborate with management to determine effective strategic sales approaches.
- Meets sales goals and objectives.
- Travel throughout the territory is required.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Post-secondary education and/or direct new business prospecting, cold calling and sales.
- Experience in a Steel Service Center or Industrial Fabrication setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills with the ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- You have strong business wisdom with the ability to speak knowledgeably to all clients.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and to build relationships.
- Strong customer management and follow-up skills.
- Detailed oriented with a strong math aptitude.
- Analytical skills required to determine client business needs and requirements.
- Competitive and self-motivated attitude.
- Team player and an expert in collaboration and communication.
- Proficient with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
Rolark Stainless Steel Inc. offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Rolark regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.